Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Aloha EDC Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigblok403

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
US
I'm trying to setup remote Aloha EDC on a Windows 7 PC. The server is running Windows XP SP3. Can get remote Aloha Manager working just fine. Trying to get any version from 6.4 to 7.0 working correctly on a remote Windows 7 machine. I get errors ranging from "cedcdlg" to "atladvise" depending on the version of Aloha I'm trying to get to work. Never had a problem in 5.3 doing this. Registered correct files, pathing correct, user, dcom, and local security policies seem correct. So has anyone gotten this to work and if so how?

The short version:

It has to be a 32bit windows 7

Your safest bet (and probably easiest) is a Windows 7 downgrade to XP

Alternatives might be XP mode (virtual pc) on Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise

Other Alternative VMWARE XP

I have been meaning to open this subject so here goes:

I have a Windows 7 Pro 32bit Dell DVD (no activation issues on a Dell) it was from a Vostro 230

I don't believe there are any licensing issues we would be stepping into here. They have fairly liberal downgrade rights to XP and I can't see that being any different than downgrading from 64bit to 32bit. I don't know how big it is, it is still sealed but it would be a long upload and dload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back