Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tectonic

Technical User
Aug 4, 2004
US
I would appreciate any help I could get at this point!! Please help!!!!

I am working on Backup Exec 86 and have did a push/pull install of the agent on 3 remote servers. It might be informational to note that the install completed without me adding a separate serial for the Remote Backup agent, however the install completed successfully but the backup fails continuously. The log states the agent is not present and "Warning: media servers cannot completely protect...."

I have checked and verified the remote backup agent is installed and is running.

Why is it that i still get this warning message telling me remote agent is not installed and is it possible this may be causing the backups to fail...

Thanks......

Yes, it is possible.

On the BE server, open BE, click on Help, select About Backup Exec. In the window you will see the licenses that Veritas BE recognizes. Is the Remote Agent listed there? If not, then it can't use the Remote Agent.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back