Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

andercom

Vendor
Oct 22, 2013
US
Hi all, I have a customer with two sites, both current UCX 250's, both have a Que setup with 4 or 5 agents each,, all 5010 infinity phones, all in Xstim mode. Each site can monitor the other's que via a wallboard, and there is a sip trunk tying the two systems together. An agent at site A would like to relieve the que at site B during busy times. I would like to set this up to be very simple for the user, so I was thinking of creating an extension on the Site A system that is listed as a static agent on the site B que setup. The Site A agent would then log out of the site A que and hotdesk to that extension when needed. The site B system should then send calls to them as an external static agent.

Is there anything I am missing with this? Will the site B que be able to skip this extension when it is unused and offline during 'normal' times?

When the extension at site B is offline, the queue will certainly skip it (that is the normal queue behavior).

Maybe you could define a virtual extension on the site B system and use either call forwarding (or find me/follow me) to send queue calls to the agent extension at site A. When the agent at site A would like to receive calls from B, they would enable the call forwarding from B to their extension on A. To stop, they would disable the call forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back