Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Agent Installation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OxygenThief

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2003
GB
To set the scene...

Windows 2000 Server SP4.
Backup Exec 9 installed.

I then went to Tools -> Serial Numbers and Installation to add the remote agent serial numbers (1 x Exchange, 2 x Server). These were accepted.

At this point the local media server decides that it is going to install the Exchange agent on itself. This cannot be reversed. To stop this the serial number has to be removed. As soon as the serial number is added, it tries to install the agent on itself again, thus leaving no licence to install remotely.

So, the question is "How do I install the Exchange Agent please"

Regards

Chris

Also, when 'serial numbers and installation' is clicked it takes 5 minutes for the Windows Installer to start.

Maybe connected ??

oxygen, this is normal, as the Exchange option(agent) needs to be installed on the backup exec server.

The serial numbers are all entered in on the media server.

On the exchange server you must install the Backup Exec Remote agent - you can push this out to the Exchange server from the installer, uncheck Local Install, and Check Remote Install.

I should also point out here, that the only things to be installed on remote servers are the Remote Agent and the Open File Option.

Also 5 minutes for the installer to start, have seen this quite a bit, not too much of a problem, if the installer eventually starts and everything goes through OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back