Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote agent install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchman

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
I just got Backup Exec 8.6 for Windows NT/2000. Also with this I got the Exchange Server agent and the Remote agent. Both Backup Exec and Exchange agent installed fine. Now I am trying to install the remote agent. I am running the install program from the backup exec server and trying to install on a remote server (on the same domain). All goes fine and looks like it is going to install. I get the screen that says "Installing Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 on 'server'" It sits at this screen for about 30 seconds then I get the message "The system cannot find the specified path". Any ideas would be appreciated.

I suppose I should mention that both servers are NT 4.0 service pack 6. The remote server I am trying to install is Exchange server 5.5 also.

Have you installed all the software on the remote server in the default directories? I had this once with a Metaframe server which had the drive letters re-mapped from c/d to m/n. Re-installing (with c/d as main drives) solved the problem.

Thank you. The problem has been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back