Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Administration Partner II

Status
Not open for further replies.

config5623

Programmer
Jul 22, 2012
US
Het Team,

Can a Partner II be programmed remotely?

Everyone at work is telling me no.

Thanks
David

And they are right. You cannot connect via any software to a Partner II. The only remote programming you can do is to the voicemail (if they have one) or walk someone through the codes over the phone.

WRONG!

They can be programmed remotely (the baby partner, plus, and II)

BUT

The chances of finding a partner RAU (remote administration unit) is slim to none. You will need 2 of them. I have worked on hundreds of partners since they replaced the spirits and never saw one.

Google the following:

partner 2 remote administration unit

the first hit is the manual

I stand corrected. There is a way to do it with (2) RAU's that are no longer available and impossible to find. :)

We program remotely all the time.

step 1. ask customer to find extension 10 or 11
step 2. ask if they have a display phone
step 3. If no, have them find a display phone and plug it in to extension 10 or 11
If yes then have them press Feature 00
Step 4. Hit left intercom twice
Step 5. Tell them the intercom buttons ar 2 programable buttons by themselves above the volume keys.
Step 6. Tell them they hit the wrong button and start over.
Step 7. repeat steps 1 thru 5 until the phone display system program.

once you get here it gets easier except when you want to use the enter button and they don't have the overlay

step 8. hit the pound sign and dial 101
step 9. tell them they hit the star sign instead of the pound and to start over because you don't know what they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back