Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Admin Intuity Audix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinn3

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
I've been trying to remotely administer my intuity audix. I have a Map5 with v4.4. I have both the RMB and an external 33.6 sportster connected to it. I've tried connecting with several different modems to both modems and every dial string I could find to try. I've also used alarmtraq's terminal emulator and DSA with no luck. If I use auto login it eventually times out and if I use manual login the login prompt never comes up. With some dial strings after a minute or so, garbage comes up. I called Avaya and they can dial in. I'm using a us robotics on a pc and an internal conexant on my laptop. Any suggestions?

Dustinn3,

when using DSA set the properties for the connection as follows

Genral tab

Set com port to proper com port for local modem
set phone number to be dialed

advanced tab

login(ms): 500
command: 500
write: 0
timeout: 120000
idle disconnect: 300

Port settings tab

baudrate: 19200
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Flow Control: Hardware

Hope this Helps

Mike

Mike,

I tried those settings with several different dial strings with no luck.

Thanks for the suggestions.

On manual login after it connects wait a few seconds and then type your login ID, you should then get the password prompt.
Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

I would like to add that you do not use a 33.6 modem, if you have an RMB that is all that is needed, try it with out the ext modem, I have never heard of anyone using an ext modem except for the earliest Intuity's and they did not use RMB

I've tried typing in my login id, but the password prompt never comes up. I'll try to take off the modem, but I added it because I couldn't get it to work on the RMB.

Thanks,

There is NO acceptable way to add an external modem with and RMB, there is an RMB reset button on the RMB itself, you may want to try that when you return to a setup w/o modem, also too, the reboot of this product, recommended every 60 to 90 days can play a part in incorrect operation, including access

I disconnected the modem and reset the RMB, but still no luck. The system was rebooted last week, but I'll try rebooting it this weekend.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

1. Get rid of external modem.
2. Make sure you are plugging phone line into the small jack on the RMB.
3. DSA should be set to 9600 N 8 1.
4. When you connect you should see 'Login:' prompt. If not, hit return ONCE. Do not put in any credentials until you get the prompt.
I hope this helps you!

I finally figured it out, however not without some shame as it was a really simple solution. The phone number for the intuity was written on the jack and the intuity, however a previous tech reassigned the audix a new number and put the old number on another modem without changing the labels. Never thought about that since I was getting a conection to a modem.

Thanks for all the help, it works great now that I'm actually dialing the intuity.

WOW that shows guts.

My hat is off to you for addmiting that you had made "that" error.:)

Glad you were able to get connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back