Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

techhus

Technical User
May 11, 2003
AE
I've got a win2k server with clients connected over a LAN.
We have a isdn dail up connection to the internet accessed through a 3com ISDN officeconnect LAN modem(does not support vpn) Everytime we connect to the internet, the ISDN LAN modem is assinged a dynamic ip address. Our ISP does not provide static ips.
I'd like to setup a vpn connection for remote clients(from home) to access(one way) our Lan network (resources server, and pc's) across the internet by getting a real ISDN router device that supports vpn.

Can I set up vpn with a dynamic ip assigned by our ISP? If our internet lan connection keeps getting a dynamic ip, how would the remote client connect. does it not need a static ip to connect to?
What ISDN router should I use?
How do I get remote clients to remotely log on(through vpn) to win2k server to access their accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back