Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
I have a user that is trying to login to citrix from home. He installed the latest citrix receiver and is using Firefox as his browser. When he clicks on his Xen Desktop, he receives this message:
Unable to launch your application. Contact your help desk with the following information: Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. SSL Error 16: The operation completed successfully.

I'm having him uninstall/reinstall his citrix client. If that doesn't work, I'm having him try Internet Explorer.

No one else is having a problem getting in remotely. I've Googled this error and don't understand what the problem is.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Wow, a lot of things could cause networking issues.
I'm assuming that your user uses the Xen Desktop from work, so I would think the issue wouldn't be with the version of the Receiver.

1. Has the user tried to log in from a remote location not at his home (like a hotel)? It could be something set on his home router.
2. If the Receiver is in the startup, he could try exiting it, making sure he has network connectivity, then restart it. We've had cases where the wireless connection isn't established quick enough and causes issues with the Receiver.

Good Luck!

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm not sure which solution fixed it for him, but the other day I did see him logged in from the outside. He hasn't emailed me with any issues so I think he is working. Thank you for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back