Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
Partner ACS: What is the best way for me to remote access my Partner ACS systems. Can I interface Parnter with a P.C. via the RS232 port then access the P.C. via the web and PC Anywhere for system maint?

One for them has a bag full of floppy disks. This might be for call accounting.

I would like to be able to ad, change etc. without having to make a site visit.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

You need the ACS Remote Access Backup restore card in the Processor... second you need to go onto Avaya's website and download the PC Administration Software for PARTNER ACS.

Yes, This system has the BU/R card. Thanks for the link. I will DL it today.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Hey Dave,

There are two different cards you can use in the processor... The first is just an ACS Backup/Restore PC card (That's all it does is just backup and restore) and the second is The ACS Remote Access Backup/Restore card (this card does remote access, Backup restore, and will upgrade a 3.0 or higher to rls 6.0) You must make sure the Card is the Partner REMOTE ACCESS PC CARD..

Ty

Yes, I ma here at the site and it says "Remote Access PC Card". It is in PC Card Slot 2.

Can I pull this card and put it in "Hot".

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

What type of interface do I use from the Partner to the PC?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

No DO NOT PUT IT IN HOT...

You can plug your computer right into the admin port on the front of the processor...

Ty

Ty is right. The Partner ACS components are not hot swappable. If a PC card or a module has to be changed, it's a good idea to do a back up before shutting down power and pulling stuff out. [thumbsup2]

Thanks. I found the software to DL for RA and the manual from Avaya Support for dial in access via local or remote using the AA to access the Ext-76.

I am going to set it up tonight and try it out.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back