Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access with out software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon208

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2005
US
I was wondering if there is a type of software that uses remote access but is not needed to be installed on the client computer. I can install it on the Server computer ( the one I want to remote into) but dont want to have to install it on the client. Thanks for your help.

Telepathy?

If such a thing existed, it would be a cracker's dream.

Well, would there be some type of software I wouldn't have to install but could run from a jump drive or CD? I want to be able to access my files from home at school.

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't!

You can run VNC Viewer from a jump drive or CD, simply setup VNC Server at home.

You can use Remote Desktop Web Connection - it's supposed to allow you to install to the Client PC remotely, and then you can use Remote Desktop.

Look "Remote Desktop Web Connection" up on Google for more info

VNC server is your best bet. It has a built-in HTTP server that will allow you to connect from any pc using any internet browser that is Java enabled. I like TightVNC ( ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back