Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access to Workgroup, please help me :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2006
US
Hello to all, I have a remote network that is setup as a workgroup, it has about 15 XP Pro computers. The computers have usb wireless cards that are used to access the wireless router to get internet and to see other computers in the workgroup, there is not server or domain based network. ALthough I could get a Windows 2003 server if recommended.

One of those computers has gotomypc installed it allows me to remote access that one computer at anytime.......the problem is that i would like to be able to remote access all computers in the network at anytime, with out having to pay gotomypc for each computer....doing that would be too much money..free would be better..is there a way?.....i was thinking about installing the free real vnc software on each computer and then use the connect to the pc that has gotomypc and then run real vnc from it to remote access all the other computers...im not sure this is a good idea..please help??

Have you looked at logmein.com? It is similar to GoToMyPC, but there is a free version.

Quote from the FAQ on
"You can use your LogMeIn account to download the free version of the LogMeIn software onto any number of computers".

Why not try it and see, as I did? If you only want remote access it works very well - no file transfer on the free version, though.

rOgerc you are 100% correct LogmeIn works great!! no limit on how many computers neither! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back