Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access to support users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daxter

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
US
Hi I am looking for a product that I can use to remote into another PC to assist with support issues. I would like something like Microsoft's Remote Assistance but I don't want to rely on them to send me the invite. I would like to have a dialog on their computer appear asking them to give me premission to remote control their computer. The invites do not always work if a user is not access email from the vpn and OWA seems tricky.

If anyone has any recommendations - I would very much appreciate it. I am not looking for a high end solution - I am mobile myself and would like to run whatever the sw package is off of my laptop whihc is a ThinkPad T41. thanks in advance.

You can configure and use Remote Assistance without sending invitation. The below how to may help. Or you can try VNC or NetMeeting.

How to configure and use Remote Assistance without sending invitation. Remote Assistance provides a way for you to get the help you need when you run into ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back