Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access to OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandyw

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
AU
I have OWA working successfully on our office LAN using IIS ver 5 and Exchange 5.5. However, if I dial into an ISP I cannot access my OWA server. Do I need to get a public IP address for my OWA server or is there something else?

Many thanks

You need a Public IP address otherwise you will not be able to connect across the web

What about in DMZ? I am planning on IIS5/OWA5.5 in DMZ. Setup plan is: ISP>DSL router>Watchguard Firebox firewall w/3rd NIC to IIS/OWA box. The public ip only has to be put on the ISP DSL router, correct? What else will I have to do? Thanks, I am new to this. By the way, internal users will NOT use the DSL connection as internet connection. We have internet connection thru dedicated fractional T1 frame relay to office in another location. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back