Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access to callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimc35

Technical User
Jun 16, 2009
US
I have read from closed threads that one can remote into callpilot using the clan and PCAnywhere. is there an alternative to PCAnywhere? Can I use an ION Modem?

thread798-1128001: Remote Changes To CallPilot

The link you provided is about gaining remote access to an internal PC on the network that in turn has access to the Callpilot.

In that scenario you could use VNC or any others alike where you install the Server software on the office side and the Viewer software at the remote PC.

Always post your system and software info so you get correct help/answers.....maybe you just need a VPN with access to use the browser or more.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Not recommended. CallPilot's underlying system is at best Windows Server 2003 and if you can get to it remotely (using anything but a VPN) chances are someone has a relatively easy way that they can get to it to and break in.

A VPN to the business LAN is definitely the recommended method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back