Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access prob with php and windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirls

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
GB
Hi everyone,

I have just written a small PHP script that uses ODBCSocketServer.exe a small app that allows PHP to retrieve data from an Access database. The .exe is located on a WinXp computer and the script will (hopefully) be located on a remote webserver somewhere in the north of England.

On my home network everything works perfectly, the script retrieves data from an Access database on Box1 and stores it in a MySQL database on Box2... (no probs, i sit there looking very pleased with myself :) ), however when the script is transferred to the webserver I get 'Permission Denied' when trying to access Box1 (this provides the internet connection for the home network) here. The PHP script is on a FreeBSD machine running Apache 1.3.22 and PHP 4.1.2.

Everything this end is working the DSN and ODBCSocketServer are setup. As I said above the script executes perfectly on Box2.

I assumming that WinXP is looking for a user authentication of some kind. I've been searching the 'net and racking my brains for the past 2 days trying to find a way of solving the problem, as yet I haven't been able to come up with a solution :-( Does anyone have any ideas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

shirls

oh well i still haven't found the answer to the prob and i take it no one else has a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back