Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access over vpn issue - - Event id 1218

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtevensorrison

Technical User
Feb 22, 2006
GB
Hello there

I seem to be having a major issue which has come out of nowhere!

My weekend administrator who accesses our system via vpn then RDP cant seem to access our system at all.

Now she is using XP and we use windows server 2000 for our VPN server & server 2003 as out terminal server which we have 10 per user licenses installed on!

The VPN connects ok but when the user opens the RDP she is faced with a grey screen which disconnects soon after with the following error message - - - - The connection to the remote computerwas broken, this may have been caused by a network error. Please try connecting to the remote computer again.

This is made all the stranger by myself and my managers ability to access the system from home without any errors, the user in question can also access the system from her mother in laws - - so it seems that its only her PC which cant access our system via RDP

Ive checked the even viewer on the terminal service server and it returns a 1218 event ID.

heres a list of solutions ive used to try and solve this mystery!

- rebooted all servers

- check, restart all terminal service, remote access services

- check the ports on the router(Linksys WRT54G v 2.2)

- Delete the hardware ID from the local user registry

- Disabled caching on the users log in settings

- Updated firmware on the router

- Created a new user profile for the user

- Got the user to ping the server(worked fine)

Can someone please help me with this issue as im all out of ideas and motivation with it!

Thank you

MtevenSorrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back