Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access ONLY one application via ipad/android from Win7 netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelbails

Technical User
Jul 6, 2011
US
i,

I'll do my best to have this make sense:

We have a simulation system which runs a piece of hardware and is controlled by a netbook running Windows 7 (with either professional or home premium). On the netbook, there are three pieces of software running. The main control program for the piece of hardware (a lung simulator), a monitoring program for a ventilator (pulls ventilator data into a small software package), and a third program that is for "student" entries. The main control program and the ventilator monitoring program are controlled by an "instructor" who sits in-front of the netbook. The "student" will have an ipad or android (or equivalent) and we want them to have access to the third piece of software running on the netbook. But, we don't want them to have any other access to other programs.

I've done quite a bit of research and noticed that if you are running a windows server, this can be possible through terminal services and user policies, but we don't have a server running, just a win7 netbook. There was a VNC product that claimed they have single window viewing/control capabilities, but upon further research, they scrapped it due to bug issues.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this task? There are programs like Log-me-in and VNC, but we've been unable to find a means to allow the "student" to access ONLY the one application and nothing more.

Best regards,

Michael Bails
IngMar Medical, Engineering
Pittsburgh, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back