Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access on OSX??(where is the 'connect' screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm trying to figure out a different way to connect with dial up with MAC OSX..the only way i've found is to open some sort of TCP application such as IE5 etc..on MAC OS 9 and below, there was a remote access screen(or PPP etc), where you could enter your username and pw and the access# AND at the bottom of that screen was the tab that says 'connect' where you could click on 'connect' and start the dialing process without having to open any programs..my question is this..**is there such a screen on OSX, where you can open some sort of screen similar to remote access or ppp and click a connect tab to start the dialing process, or do you always have to open an application that requires a connection to bring up and start the dialing process?**

i've seen one on my bosses osx machine. I saw it in the upper right hand corner about 3 icons to the left. or there abouts. i would go there to get online and then open whatever program i wanted to use at the current time.

To add a icon for Internet connect complete the following:
Open Mac HDD
Open Applications
Drag the "Internet connect" icon to the docking bar.

An alternative would be apple menu> location>modem tab>tick show modem status in menu bar this will show a telephone icon toward the top right corner which you can use to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back