Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access of a small Network using TCP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREGLOWE

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
US
Hi,

I am trying to access a small (5 NT Workstations) network by setting one of them up with Remote access server. If I use NETBEUI I can dial in and see all 5 of the PC's, map drives, etc. However I need to connect to them via TCP/IP, when I config the Dial-up networking to use TCP/IP I can connect, and see the one machine that I dial into, but not the others. Can someone please explain how this should be set up.

Regards,
Greg

I can't tell you exactly how to fix it, because I have used this method of remote connection, but I bet I can give you a clue where to look.

I suspect the IP addresses that are assigned to the remote server & client are not in the same range as your regular network. What ip address do you get when you log in? I think it assigns 192.168.0.2 (maybe). Is this in the same subnet that the network uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back