Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

idsi

Technical User
Mar 26, 2004
US
I am trying to have remote access on my lan network first before trying from outside.

I have windows 2000 professional configured to accept connection as well as a windows 2003 server .

I try to access using the remote desktop ,this systems from a windowxp as well as from a windows 2003 server i get the error :

The client could not connect to the remote computer.
Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection.

Appreciate a quick response on that.

Under services/ Is "terminal services" turned on, on the host machine.

I could see the Terminal services started on my windows 2003 system. I still get the errors, when i try either from windows 2003 or windows 2000 or windows xp

Appreciate an eyesight into this

I had a similar problem, and after a few hours found the simple answer.

Right click on My Computer, properties, select the remote tab, then check the box to allow users to connect remotely to the computer. You may also have to specify which users should be allowed to connect.

You'd think just starting the service would have been enough, but it isn't.

. no blank or empty passwords. You want a true username with password on both boxes
. If behind a NAT router, enable uPnP service on all boxes
. Make sure your Firewall or Antivirus product allows TCP port 3389 to stream to the RD target computer in both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back