Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access from desktop to laptop via VPN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0010

Technical User
Sep 24, 2005
AU
Hello,
I hope someone can help me with this problem. I using windows XP home on my desktop and Windows XP Pro on my laptop. I am trying to set my computers so when I'm out of the office I can log into my desktop using a VPN connection. I have a Linksys WG 54 wireless router and a NB3 DSL modem. Can someone please write down for me the procedure to set this up for. I would appreicate anyones help on this matter. Thank you.

Regards

Chris

You can use VNC over VPN. That means you estsblish the VPN first and then use VNC access the XP Home desktop dt home. these web sties may help,

How to Setup Network, Internet Sharing, Remote Access and VPN Step by Step Guide ... You may have two options to setup VPN server on Windows 2003. ...

VNC
Where I can download VNC How to use a web browser as a viewer - need port 5800+ How can I make the VNC server connect to a client, instead of the other way ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back