Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access connection manager stuck starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquinn0908

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
In my list of services I have noticed that the Remote Access Connection Manager is stuck in the starting status. This apparently hasn't caused any problems other than you cannot add another network connection as it freezes (which I don't need to add a connection I just want to know how to get this service started). I don't see any other problems except for in the event viewer I receive the following error every 3 minutes and I don't know if the 2 are related or not.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 61
Date: 6/21/2006
Time: 9:01:34 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ZEUS
Description:
WMI ADAP was unable to process the RemoteAccess performance library due to a time violation in the open function

Nothing has changed on this server and it is running SP4. Thanks!!

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

mandy did you ever get a resolve to this problem? im having the same problem and cant seem to figure it out.

thanks

Unfortunately I did not. I did a little digging around and found out that I didn't need the remote access auto connection manager so I set the service to manual startup and rebooted the server. Once the server was rebooted the service had not started and I did not receive the error any more. I am still very curious as to what the problem was so if you figure it out please post back. Thanks!

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back