Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access Clients: Any good ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kipozo

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
I currently use Nortel Networks Extranet Client Access. However I am having problems running to PCS off of the same DSL connection. The DSL is shared with a linksys DSL/Cable router and the two PCS are running windows 98/se. Nortel seems to kick one or the other off when trying to use them both at the same time.

I am not sure what would cause this, nor do I know the first step into fixing this issue. I work for a hospital and the building this is at is one of our clinics. Since this is a problem, we are down one computer. I really need some help out there. If you know anything that could be usefull please let me know.

Each user has their own login and password, so it's not sharing the user/pass. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Depending on how old your Linksys is, you'll want to download an update to the firmware (check out their website @ I think the latest version is 1.42.3 or 1.43?? Anyhow, they've made lots of enhancements to that model over the past several years, and if you have one that sat on the shelf it's out of date.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back