Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access Ceased working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcheck

Technical User
Jan 27, 2008
US
Hi -
I had been setup for Desktop Remote Access which allowed me
to access our Server and any of the workstations. This had always worked fine.

Recently, I can no longer access the Server - but I can access the workstations. The message I get is " "Connectivity to the remote computer could not be established. Ensure
that the remote computer is on and connected to the Windows Small Business Server network."

I know it has nothing to do my my firewall or PC because I went to the office and attempted to use a workstation to remotely access the Server and got the same message.

Though this may be coincidental - but the remote server access stopped right after the Server had to be rebooted. However, no settings, security access, etc. was changed at all.

I'm really at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you..
NC

Check the services on the server by logging in locally and using the Services control panel. Make sure that the Terminal Services service is running. If it is, check the event logs for errors that might clue you in to what is happening.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back