Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access and dialup networking on same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattal

Technical User
Nov 27, 2006
FR
I have a need to have remote access server running on a W2K3 server while i may have to dialup using the same modem. When i try to dialup when RAS service is running, i have a 633 error : resource already in use by another proccess (which is in fact RAS)
In the past i could have this configuration running with NT4 server without any specific settings
Any tips or idea would be appreciated
Thanks

Just to clarify: RAS is waiting for incoming calls, and this is preventing you dialling out with the same modem?

have you tried to add a second modem. Directing one fuction to one modem and the other function to the other???

Yes it s exactly what i'm facing: RAS up and waiting for calls and preventing to dialout with same modem

Unfortunatly i'll have only 1 phone line so i have to forget the 2 modems options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back