Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reminder to update related fields when updating specific data

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmkland

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I have created a form which is bound to my main table. The primary key is Procedure. The field General is related to the primary key, giving a description of Procedure. In the future, updates will need to be made to the General description of Procedure. However, when these updates are made, a reminder needs to be given to the user to update related Procedures.
Now, I can create the msgbox to notify the user to update any related fields, but I am unsure how to approach writing a code which will only prompt the user IF a certain Procedure's General description is updated.
**For instance, if Procedure 4's General description is updated, then the user will be reminded to update Procedures 4.2, 4.3, and 4.5.**
I am slowly learning VB, so any and all help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Kim

I thought that this was extremely complicated, but after playing with Access a little bit, I discovered that it was a simple little condition in my macro that I needed to add.
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back