Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remembering Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryf

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
US
We are in the process of testing the latest version of Metaframe, so we can have Vista workstations. I'm not the Citrix engineer, so I'm not 100% certain of some of the specifics. I am an application developer.

We've run into an issue on printing. We are using the default Citrix printing. In the prior version the name of the local printer for the user was something like "\\servername\user\local printer name". We could store this in an application table and reuse this next time, as the name would always be the same.

Now with the upgrade, the name of the local printer includes a session number at the end. Since this session number will always change, we will have an issue with printing. As the stored name with the session # will not be found in the list of available printer.

Has anyone run into this, and has a solution?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back