Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remember values in textbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelledaems

Programmer
Nov 13, 2006
BE
Dear sir/madam,

I have cretaed a page with a table with about 50 columns. Default only three are shown and the rest is hidden.

Now there are several button to make the other columns appear, but there are also other buttons and links that refresh the page and then you lose the settings you have made and again only the default three columns are visible.

Now I want to rememeber which columns are shown and which are not. i want to write a value to a hidden textfield (e.g. 1-3-10 to show the first, third and tenth column). But I need to remember the value within this textbox when the page is reloaded or refreshed.

I could work with cookies I think, but the problem is that I need it remebers too long. If he closes the browser and he open up the page again, then it needs to show the defualt again...

Can nayone help me on this one? Can i use cookies or is there a better way?

PS: the link may not be changed, so I can't use ?variable=test? in the link or something...

thanks for the help

Is't there a way to use hidden text fields or something and then do a submit and then to remember what was given in the hidden text field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back