Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remedy Mail Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabarl

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2006
US
Currently have 2k server setup with ARS 4.05.02. Everything works great but the mail server. There was a big upgrade on Exchange servers that will only allow outlook 2000 sr-1 SP 3 or higher version.

Previous techs have told me 4.05.02 mail server has to run on outlook 2000 pro no SR or SPs.

I've reinstalled Mail Server Multiple times and changed/verified all information is correct.

Currently in Event Manager is this Error.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Remedy Mail Service ) cannot be found. The local computer my not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Armaild's attempt to logon to the mail server failed, Return code: 3

This comes up everytime I start and stop remedy mail server, but the service does start.

Any Help welcome as I'm at a complete lose unless the other techs were right and it has to be with no SR-1 or SPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back