Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remedy conversion to VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffD17

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2009
US
Has anyone tried to Convert there Remedy server to VMWare? If so did it work? Reason I ask is I recently converted our Remedy server which is NT4 to Remedy and after that can not get remedy to work at all. First problem was a suspect sql database, corrected that now I am getting errors stating that the server is already registered in the rpc socket. anyway if anyone has had experience with this I would appreciate any help. Thanks Jeff!

nt 4??? what version of remedy and db?

At least in my experience, Remedy thrives in a vm environment, but mid-tier can get a little weird...

don't laugh but we are using Remedy 4.5 and sql 6.5. This conversion has been a nightmare, we dont even have the install cd's for remedy anymore that is why converting this server is so important. Thanks in advance for any help you can give or even suggestions, I am willing to try anything at this point.

Now I am even more confused. Do you mean ITSM 4.5? In any case it does not matter, and v/m is just a major perk. Since you seem at the seem point I was at a few weeks ago, tearing my hairout, please allow my two cents. Going the path of replicating a new test server is a waste of time. <long story> For my upgrade i explored every option because i have different versions, crazy integrations, and some really bad unchangable workflow. Best way, not cheapest way, for you is buy migrator (approx 9K), build new server and move data. This works for ARS, but help desk/ITSM is an entirely different issue. Just a guess but it doesnt sound like your organization is ready for CMDB.
hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back