Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remapping thin client print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kweh4

Technical User
Aug 8, 2001
US
I am new to scripting and figure that one of you guru might have already accomplish what I am trying to get done. We have migrated all our printers from the old print server to the new one. I want to write a script that will delete thin client printers from the old print server and remapped it to the new. I will like to accomplish this through procedure call if possible.

1st procedure check and verify that this is a thin client connection or quit the script.
2nd procedure delete all printers from the old print server if there are any.
3rd procedure remapped the printers to the new printer server if there are any that need to be remapped.
I guess the 2nd and 3rd procedure could be combined into one. We do have 4 TS servers (I am not sure if this is that important). Finally, I want to created a file on another server that gives progress or status for each remapping. Again this is going to be applid through group policy so we need to exit the script for regular user logon and run it for TS logon.

MCSE 2000
Computer Engineering Technology

First off I would suggest you take a look at this FAQ for information on how to do the printer deletions and adding via vbscript. faq329-5798

Second I would suggest that since you ONLY want this to happen on the terminal servers and presume that the same users could be logging in directly to the network OR to TS then you should implement a TS Login Script.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back