Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reload specific frame from another

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronix

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
SE
I need a function that reload a specific frame from another. I could use "parent.frames[1].location.reload();" but here is the problem. The frame that are supposed to reload the top elements frame could be one step further down like "parent.parent.frames[1].location.reload();" and the same function must be used.

I've tried with "top.frames[1].location.reload();" but it doesn't seem to work.

Thankful for any sollutions to this problem.

Can you use top.frames[1].location.reload()

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rick Cook (No, I'm not Rick)

zen.gif

frames have names so why don't you create a function to look through the parents recursively for a frame with the same name and then call reload() on that frame?

wow - I guess I should read your whole post before I open my mouth... oops....

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rick Cook (No, I'm not Rick)

zen.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back