Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Releasing Remote Users in Windows NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,

I need to release specific users who are logged on to my server (windows nt). Once i release the user, they should not be able to logon to the server.

How do i do. ?

Thanks

Hi,

Is the server part of a domain or standalone?

If part of a domain, is it this server only that is to refuse the user access to its resources?

Also, are the users logging in with unique or generic usernames?

This is a standalong. The users loggin with a unique username. PLEASE NOTE THAT I WANT ONLY SPECIFIC USER TO BE RELEASED AND NOT ALL OF THEM

Disabling account in user manager should do it, I think (don't quite understand what you mean by 'released' - but if you disable account they won't be able to log on again unless you remove disable)

by release i meant that the user should not be able to login again. Presently i disconnect the users from SERVER MANAGER. When i am taking the backup, these users log, which negates the very purpose of backup.

WOLLUF : i shall also be trying out the 'disable' option.

Thanks any way in the meanwhile

thanks WOLLUF, though a bit tedious (taking into account if number of users to be blocked is high) my job and purpose is solved.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back