Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Releasing an aplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
ZA
Hi!

I'm trying to create the exe of my program. I follow the steps, setting the debugger to release creating a setup project and so, but I'm not getting the .net framework included in the setup. If I include dotnetfxredist I receive an error saying that I must exclude it.
What must I include then? dotnetfxredist does not appear in the merge module dialog...

Any help will be appreciated

what version are you using?

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

I just like this --> [Wiggle] [Wiggle]

In version 2005 you must:
Add a setup project. Create a primary output of a project. Then on the Detected dependences the dotnet framework will appear. Right click on Setup1 -> Properties. Hit "prerequisites...", select the .Net freamework. Take a look at the three option buttons.

Hope this helps.

(In 2003 version, when the dotnet framework appears, right click on it and hit include it or something similar;dont remember)

Hi!!

I managed to create the setup project and so, it still has not included the framework. The guy for whom I wrote the program then downloaded the framework from the link provided when windows detects that it needs this framework to run the program. He now has visual basic errors appearing when he uses his excel!! Is it possible to make an exe of the program that can run on all computers without including the framework or at least only including enough?

If you go to the Setup1's bin folder, you will find the setup1.exe and .msi and a folder "dotnetfx" or something similar. To distribute the app, copy on a cd for example those files and the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back