Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release date??!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelj

MIS
Jun 11, 1999
GB
Go on then. I'll be first :<br>
Does anybody else here think that this new Feb 2000 release date will actually be .. ? and has anyone tested a beta, is it any good?

Yes I beta tested it. The official release date is Feb 17, 2000.<br>
<br>
I think its a really good cross between Windows NT and Windows 98. <p>John D. Saucier<br><a href=mailto:jsauce@net1plus.com>jsauce@net1plus.com</a><br><a href= Backup</a><br>

Yes your right, Its a bit cleaner than Win98 and the management consoles are kinda trying to be &quot;everything to everybody&quot; &lt;shrug&gt; but they work and within the limits of Microsoft allownaces for Admins to be allowed to tailor things also including the limits that MS GUI applications put on users/admins they provide the tools and facilities basically required. Its a bit resource hungry during heavy maintenance sessions and major changes but then again so can many Unix systems.

Is it stable though, and what is the compatibility like with 98/95/NT?<br>
<br>
Anyone tested it with Macintoshes? Have they cured the TCPIP problem that stops Macs getting onto NT via TCPIP due to SMB issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back