Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release character for resource variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicCB

Programmer
Aug 7, 2007
DE
Hi Group,

to use special characters in an FTP password, I have to encode them:

"@" : "%40"
"/" : "%2F"

If I have two "special" characters for instance @123/ it will become: %40123%2F

A "GET FTP" with the encoded was not succesful - password incorrect. After we checked the log files on the server, we saw, that the get ftp used the password: 2F. We imagine, that it is looking for a resource variable %40123%, which it shouldn't, because it is not existing.

Are you aware of a release character? We tried %%, but this is also not working.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Christian

Problem solved!

I added %Percent% to the resource file. In the Mapping I use %Percent%40 and during the get ftp Mercator replaces it with the correct value!

Thanks anyway

Christian

That's a good solution. I suppose the answer is not to have 2 special characters in a password.

Hi Janhes,

thanks for your comment, but I don't think, that an Admin will agree to the solution because of a Mercator "feature".

It was not working, as I used %TraceDir% in the same command to write the trace file to a certain directory.

I'm very surprised, that Mercator uses the same character to encode special characters as they are using the resource registry variables in a different way. Why haven't they used %40% to encode an @?

But now it is working anyway and I learned something more.

Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back