Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release 6 login stumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jephph

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
US
We recently upgraded to CS1000M running release 6 with two UCM security servers. After running thru all of the various procedures, everything registered up and joined the security domain just fine. However, anytime that I log into the switch via TTY or SSH with a UCM account, I get the following:

"User admin has been allowed to log in using an emergency account"

When I log into UCM web-page with the same credentials, there is no error or warning. I built a brand new account with all available roles and used that new account to log into the tty and got the same exact message.

There are two media cards that are registered to the security domain, and I receive the same warning message when I log into the media cards with a UCM account.

Everything appears to be working wonderfully, other than this. Any ideas out there in guru-land?

is 'admin' the username for the account?

Try building an account with a different user name.

With UCM, you need to check what permissions are allowed and I think you will have to enable access for the call server and media cards etc. Standard PWD1/PWD2 logins don't apply anymore!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

You'll get the "Emergency Account" warning if you are experiencing network issues as well, or if your Primary UCM Controller has high memory utilization. Try logging into you Prime UCM with the Nortel login account ID and typing the "TOP" command, my guess is you'll see lots of CPU usage.

I restarted both of the UCM servers and problem went away. Thanks for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back