Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release 11.1 available for download 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidCT

Technical User
Dec 22, 2006
US
Posted to the support site. I was told since it's not a major release, a system licensed for release 11.0 can be upgraded without an upgrade license.

Who's willing to live on the edge and upgrade their system??

Proactive Business IT Support | Cybersecurity | On-premise and Hosted VoIP

Interesting
11.0 FP 4 SP 2 (SP2 fixes an as yet unpublished critical security issue) All Im going to say is do NOT expose port 7070 to anything untrusted., in general don't expose anything to anywhere untrusted.
Fix for 10.x has not been released yet and was scheduled for the 16th depending on some other virus delaying things.

Wondering if Avaya have just released 11.1 so they don't have to support 10.X any more?

11.0 FP 4 SP2 , I have already had to install 2 critical patches on top of it.

Still have 2 outstanding issues that I have been informed should be fixed in the next release.

Don't think i will get details until late next week.

The associated documentation is missing so think i will hold off, for the immediate future.

Avaya IP Office™ Platform Feature
Description

Administering Avaya IP Office™
Platform
with Manager

Administering Avaya IP Office Platform
Voicemail Pro

Using IP Office SoftConsole

IP Office
Using Self-Administration

IP Office
Using Avaya Communicator for Windows
on IP Office

SIP Telephone Installation Notes
(including Vantage and IX Workplace)

IP Office Resilience Overview

IP Office Platform Security Guidelines

Platform Guidelines: Capacity

IP Office SIP Phones with ASBCE

Deploying an IP500 V2 IP Office
Subscription System

Deploying Avaya IP Office Servers as
Virtual Machines

Using one-X Portal for IP Office

Administering Avaya one-X Portal for IP
Office

IP Office
Installing IP Office SoftConsole

IP Office
Deploying IP Office Server Edition

Installing and Maintaining an IP Office
Application Server

The most notable changes seem to be:

End of Windows-Based Server Support For R11.1, the Windows-based versions of Voicemail Pro and one-X Portal for IP Office are no longer supported. IP Office systems being upgraded to R11.1 will need to migrate their services to either an IP Office Application Server or Unified Communications Module.

Subscription Mode Systems IP Office R11.1 introduces support for IP Office Subscription mode systems. These use subscriptions provided by an Avaya subscription server to enable users and user features. IP Office Subscription mode is supported on IP500 V2/IP500 V2A and Linux-based servers.

The end of windows based server support is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I have customers that straight up REFUSE to have any "server" running that isn't windows. Lovely.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

They do realize they already have a bunch of stuff in their network and devices they use daily that are running on *nix?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Before anyone tries to update to 11.1, don't.

Upgrading by all the traditional methods (ISO transfer, USB key, etc) will just not work due to the underlying CentOS change required. There is a migration process but it hasn't been released just yet as it requires 11.0.4.3 which is not due for another week.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I installed it from scratch on my Hyper-V machine and made it another Demo system on my network.
Seems OK so far.

Centos is 7.7 1908 which was released last year September.
Seems that they are catching up with stuff and not use 5 year old releases any more.

Have some error messages on the terminal screen that repeat but seems to work for now.
Not playing intensely with the system today any more, that is what other weekends are for I guess.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Just looked at the self signed certificate and it is only valid for 2 years and a bit (824 days to be exact) to please iPhones with their ridiculous new demands on cert validity.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

They are already pushing for it to be further reduced to 398 days.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

It was CAB that decided to limit certificate lifetime to 2 years, there are many reason why you don't want to allow certificates older than a certain age.

Apple is one of the companies part of CAB, but everyone voted yes except Mozilla and 3 others who didn't vote.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Just started reading docs, such a confusion and incomplete informations, I think they wanted to be GA "dead or alive", even if not all process (ando documents) have already been tested as they should.

yes derfloh
half the wording is still R11.0 and they have not changed it except in the header of the paragraphs.
Lazy work and I know that my teachers (Berufsschule) would have kicked me in the head if I would have presented something like this to them.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Where are you guys seeing End of Windows-Based Server Support For R11.1?

The TB shows VMPRO supported on Win 10 and Server 2012 and 2016. OneX Portal on Server 2016

Page 14 in the link Westi posted a couple posts above.

VMPro - (Windows) No Longer Supported

The admin client is supported on Windows, but not the VM Pro application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back