Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadypalm88

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2003
US
When sending an e-mail from my home through my server with qmail as the MTA on the server to someone on another host, I get a reponse "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)".

What I don't understand is that I'm a user on that system. I'm using SMTP login though it didn't seem to help. I can't add the IP of anyone and everyone who should be using my mailserver. What can I do?

Have you configured tcpserver?

Qmail will accept messages from anyone, provided those messages are bound for a domain on that qmail machine. It will relay messages that come from external clients only when those clients' IP addresses have been configured in tcpserver.

But you don't have to specify every address individually in tcpserver. You can, for example, tell tcpserver to relay for "10.1.1."

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back