Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relaying using OWA at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbys9

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
When users are at home they get mail from our Exchange 5.5 server using OWA. When they get an email from someone outside our domain, they are not able to reply to that person. I know that it is because I have not allowed relaying on our Exchange server, but is there a way to allow specific user to be able to relay if I know their external (home isp) email address? Or would my only option be to allow the mail server for the isp to relay? Thanks.

Not sure, but I allow our ISP to relay, has been like that for years with no probs. Out of interest, why don't you relay?

Andy

You are correct not to allow relaying but that isn't your problem. OWA should act just like Outlook in this regard.

What exactly happens when they try to reply? Can they reply to internal users? Send to external users if they type the address rather than reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back