Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relaying Hell !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalentedFool

Programmer
Jul 23, 2001
GB

Hi Guys, I've cross posted this under the general e-mail issues group as well, but hopefully one of you guys will also have an idea... does anybody know what the following means ? We've been having the same problem for months now and I suspect its an ISP problem.

We're running NT4Sp6 with Exchange 5.5sp4 - I've dealt with the open relay problem so thats out the window and I rebuilt the server last Thursday from scratch. (ARGH!)

One point - the address focusint.demon.co.uk - our mail server knows nothing about! is this an ISP problem and if you think it is - why is it so I can shout at them!

Cheers

----- Original Message -----
To: <richard@whyteclan.freeserve.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 9:54 AM
Subject: Mail Delivery failed: returning to sender.

> Subject: Mail Delivery failed: returning to sender
>
> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>
> A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
> The following address(es) failed:
>
> focusint.demon.co.uk [194.222.35.26]:
>
> MAIL FROM:<richard@whyteclan.freeserve.co.uk>
> 250 2.1.0 richard@whyteclan.freeserve.co.uk....Sender OK
> RCPT TO:<rwhyte@msafocus.com>
> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for rwhyte@msafocus.com

unable to relay is down to the receipt - in the Exchange IMC there is a tick box for receipts. I think that will cure your problem.

I have checked the IMC (I assume its the Internet Mail service in the connectors) and am unable to find anything about receipts ?!

Can you tell me where this is and how this effects relaying ?

Are you sure they exist??

If I telnet to that IP or Host Name on port 25 I don't get anything!?

Regards,
Dan Torizuka

Yeah, they do exist ... we use a dial-up connection so telneting into the host/IP won't always work. You've got to catch it when it's on-line!

What were your ideas anyway ? Perhaps I can give them a go...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back