Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relaying from OE6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymstock

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2000
GB
I'm collecting emails from a catch-all account and want to be able to forward (relay?) certain addressees to their personal email addresses.

eg:-
moststuff@mydomain.org (= keep it on my PC)
tom@mydomain.org (= forward it to tom@aol.com)
harry@mydomain.org (= forward it to harry@aol.com)

I tried simply using the "Forward" rule in OE6, but they then received the emails with my name as the sender... thereby making it difficult for them to reply to the original senders!

I'm happy to use third-party stuff if necessary.
I'm running XP Home & OE6.

I'd guess that's beyond the capabilities of Outlook Express, but Outlook will do it fine. Any chance you have Outlook 2K or XP available?

Thanks... I've spent the morning importing settings, re-cobbling message rules (technical phrase, that is!) and trying to ensure I've got Outlook 2K set up properly. (clicking on Mailto: links was still opening OE6, but I found the fix for that... eventually.

Outlook seems to be retaining the original sender info within the forwarded emails, which does at least help. Is there any way of the original sender still showing in the "From" column in the inbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back