Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relay application notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs483

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have a customer that has 2 offices with an exchange 2007 server at each location but part of the same organisation. The main office exchange 2007 receives/sends all the mail to/from world for the domain and it will also forward emails to the second office if the mailbox resides there. At the second office, we have a few devices that send out notifications. I've been able to properly relay the notifications from all the devices NOT residing on the exchange server itself (ie : printers and upses). I haven't been able to relay notifications from applications residing on the exchange server itself (like from data backup applications). I tried playing around with receive connectors but it doesn't seem to work. There must be something very simple that I'm forgetting. I tried putting the IP address of either exchange servers in the smtp server setting of the app but it doesn't work. I don't have this problem with single exchange server setups.

Thanks
akwong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back