Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relativity Speed Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
GB
Hi,

We are using Relativity 3.24 and on one site we are having a problem with speed. I have written a bench test program that writes, updates and then deletes 200 records. On every machine I try this takes about 1 minute, however on one customer's site this takes around 10 minutes and I have no idea why.

Has anyone ever came accross this before?

The client is using e-trust virus checker, Window 2000.

Any help would be appreciated,

Hammy.

Is your test procedure correct???

I don't know the product but 600 mutations per minute is ridicoulesly slow on any machine!
Did I miss something...?

Then again I am not using this product so I hope you can find somebody who does use this product!

Regards, Wim.
(I realize that this was not much of a help...sorry for that).

I have seen screen-savers programs and bad NIC cards slow systems to a craw.

Try TASK-MANAGER (Ctrl+Alt+Del) Performance,
Once before application and during application.

JIH

Hi Hammy,

Is this client/server or simply the DBMS?

If it is client/server is the customer is doing this on a slower network (like a 10Mb vs. 100Mb – there’s a 10 to 1 right there).

It looks like the easiest thing to do is disable the virus checker to see if that makes a difference.

Upgrading Relativity might make a difference, the current version of Relativity is 5.04.

Rob Heady
Liant Software Corp.

Hammy,

You really need to give more info.

I have seen this happening on a customer with that version, and with a SCO Unix 3.2.4. Never managed to get it to work fast, and this was something to do with the record size. (it was more than 2k in size.

Please state if you are just using the local access or remote access, and if local whether the files are on a network server, and which OS/version.
If using the remote access we also need to know which OS is running on the server with version!!, and also if you are using RM/INFOEXPRESS with it.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back