Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

relative pathing for xrefs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugg

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I've got a group of drawings I'd like to burn to a cd and include their xrefed files in a subfolder on the cd, but am not sure how to get around the absolute path of the xref. Any suggestions? tia

bugg

We use pack-n-go in the express tools. It grabs everything associated with the drawings including plot style, xrefs, and fonts and so on. If you don't have the express tools (I recommend you look in to getting them if you don't have them. They are a real time saver and just darn handy) use the etransmit. (I think this command is in the 2000i and later versions only) But with this command you can copy everything directly into a folder, .zip or .exe file. It's really cool. (CAD dork)It does the same as pack-n-go and also adds a txt file explaining everything associated and what everything is with the dwg. The Help menu probably can explain better. I hope this helps or even makes sense. If you need any help or anything email me- kay_cee98@hotmail.com -Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back