Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relative path for backend database in Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrientos101

Programmer
Mar 27, 2007
US
I am splitting my database so I have a backend database. It is in the same directory as the front end. The problem is, when I move them both to a different directory, but both still in the same directory, I get the error message, "Could not find file [hard-coded original path]".

Is there any way I can preserve just the relative path so I don't have to relink tables?

Since I do know the relative path, I could probably fix the broken links in VBA code (at which I am pretty good, being a professional programmer in C), but I'd rather not have to.

Any help would be appreciated

You can't link using relative paths. You can easily implement some code to relink your tables. There is code in the tables section of
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thanks! I got the code, and appreciated being turned on to that website. I found other stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back