Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relative links in interactive pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

maguskrool

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
PT
Hi. I'm building an interactive pdf that will work as the content of an interactive cd. The main document is saved on the "cd" directory, on the desktop. I created a button that will open an external pdf file. The link to the file is an absolute link:

Macintosh HD:Users:myuser:Desktop:cd:files:file1.pdf

Now, I need this to be a relative link so I can burn the cd and make sure it works, independently of the file's root address. How can I achieve this?

I tried changing the : to / and doing something like ./cd/files/file1.pdf but it didn't work. This probably has a simple solution, I just don't know how to express relative links in InDesign. Any advice? Thanks.

Thanks! I hate to make a mess of things like that, because it's still plenty of files, but if it's the only way...

You think that works in mac and pc?

Thank you again.

Don't mean to just "bump" this thread, but I still have the same doubt and would appreciate it if someone could help me out with a more practical solution.

Thank you.

I just did a project like that. Eugene is right. But why not just test his theory? Go ahead and put everything in the same folder, then burn it to a CD. If it doesn't work, Eugene and I have egg on our faces, but you've only lost a 45 cent CD. If it does work...

I did this, and the link not only found the correct file, but it also found the correct index. This CD goes out to about 25,000 people and no one has complained, so I think it works.

http://macproductionartist.wordpress.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back