Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relationships not showing in window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

votegop

Technical User
Feb 22, 2002
US
Do relationships defined before splitting a database show up in a back-end relationship window? Mine don't. Hitting "show all" doesn't help. Only relationships that I defined in the back-end post-split show up. Thing is, everything acts normal!

Jay

Hi Jay,

I've read about quite a few Access developers running into this problem with the DB splitter wizard, and there doesn't seem to be any known reason for the problem. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Probably the easiest way to get around this would be to manually create your FE / BE by copying your db to a different name (like MyData.mdb), deleting all but the table objects from the BE db, and then linking the tables in your FE db.

Hope this helps.

- Glen

Know thy data.

Glen:

It does help, if only to assure me that I'm not the only one out there who has seen this. I'll see if I can get them to show pursuant to your tip.

Thanks.
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back