Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

?????relationships in sql server??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitt

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
IN
hie ya,

i am new to sql server...how can we see the relationships between diffrent table existing in a sql table..eg : how the diffrent fields r related in nwind.mdf database..

This we can see in the access..if its there here also we can...but i dont knoe how..can anybody help me...

thanks for stoppin by..n droppin ur valuable suggestions.

luv ya rohit Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

You can create a Database Diagram in SQL 2000 that can show all the relationships between the tables. Not sure of previous versions...

Mark

i cant create one..i installed project server 2002 so it created its own database n has lotz of tables to be precise..245..so is there any way that sqlserver 2000 do this analysing part on its own n give us a simple database diagram at our dispose to use it for wht we want. Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Don't think so. You may be better off posting this in the SQL Server forum...

Mark

go into enterprise manager, go to your database, right click diagrams, then create new. the wizard should help you from there. ----------------
Joe

yeah thanxx joe ..i did that n it worked

regards,
rohit
-----------------------------------
Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back